Dr. Ahmad Abdelhalim is an Assistant Professor of Pharmaceutical Analytical Chemistry in the faculty of Pharmacy and Drug Technology, Heliopolis University. He earned his bachelor’s degree in 1998 and his master’s in 2004 from Al-Azhar University. In 2010, he received his PhD degree from Institute of Environmental and Sustainable Chemistry, Faculty of Life Sciences, Technical University at Braunschweig, Germany and his thesis titled “Environmental Chemical Analysis Related to Drug Industries.” He has been the Head of the Department of Pharmaceutical Analytical Chemistry in the Faculty of Pharmacy, Al-Azhar University and Head of its Quality Assurance Unit.
His research interests are to study fate and distribution behavior of pharmaceuticals and personal care product residues in the environment as a preliminary steps to assess their environmental risk and hence application of risk reduction measures to these new categories of environmental pollutants. Additionally, he is interested in the elaboration of new, simple, and sensitive analytical methods for determination of pharmaceuticals in row materials and their dosage forms. He supervised many PhD and MSc students in Egypt.
He published a number of research articles including:
- Fathy M. Salama, Khalid A. Attia, Ahmed A. Abouserie, Ahmed El-Olemy, Ebrahim Abolmagd. Spectroflurimetric estimation of the new antiviral agent ledipasvir in presence of sofosbuvir. Spectrochimica Acta Part A: Molecular and Biomolecular Spectroscopy. 2018; 190: 513–517.
- Fathy M. Salama, Khalid A. Attia, Ahmed A. Abouserie, Ahmed El-Olemy and Ebrahim Abolmagd. Application of HPLC-DAD and spectrophotometric continuous wavelet transform methods for simultaneous determination of amoxicillin and diclofenac in their pure and capsule dosage forms. Methods. 2018; 10: 2588–2594.
- Nasr M. El-Abasawi, Khalid A.M. Attia, Ahmad A.M. Abo-serie, Samir Morshedy, Ashraf Abdel-Fattah. Simultaneous determination of rosuvastatin and propranolol in their binary mixture by synchronous spectrofluorimetry. Spectrochimica Acta Part A: Molecular and Biomolecular Spectroscopy. 2018; 198: 322–330.
- Attia KAM, Mohamad AA, Emara MS. Determination of albendazole in the presence of its alkaline degradation product using TLC-densitometric and chemometric methods: A comparative study. Eurasian J Anal Chem. 2017; 12(4): 365-383.
- Fathy M. Salama, Khalid A. Attia, Ahmed A. Abouserie, Ahmed El-Olemy, Ebrahim Abolmagd. Application of TLC Densitometric Method for Simultaneous Estimation of the Newly Co-formulated Antiviral Agents Ledipasvir and Sofosbuvir in their Tablet Dosage Form. Anal Chem Lett., 2017, 7 (2), 241-247.
- Khalid A. M. Attia, Mohamed W. I. Nassar, Mohie M. K. Sharaf El-Din, Ahmad A. A. Mohamad and Mohamed M. Y. Kaddah. A stability-indicating QTRAP LC-MS/MS method for identification and structural characterization of degradation products of indapamide. Methods, 2016, 8, 1836-1851
- Attia KAM, Mohamad AA, Emara MS. Comparative study among area under the curve, graphical absorbance ratio and isosbestic point as analytical tools applied for the simultaneous determination of chlorpheniramine maleate and naphazoline hydrochloride. Anal Chem Lett. 2016; 6(4): 421-430.
- Attia KAM, Mohamad AA, Emara MS. Application of a quinone-based fluorophore for spectrofluorimetric determination of albendazole in pure form and pharmaceutical formulations. Anal Methods. 2016; 8: 5136-5141.
- Attia KAM, Nassar MWI, Sharaf El-Din MMK, Mohamad AAA, Kaddah MMY. A stability-indicating QTRAP LC-MS/MS method for identification and structural characterization of degradation products of indapamide. Anal Methods. 2016; 8: 1836-1851.
- Attia KAM, Nassar MWI, Mohamad AA, Abdel–monem AH., Spectrophotometric quantitative estimation and validation of cefadroxil monohydrate in presence of its alkali-induced degradation product. Anal Chem Lett. 2016.
- Attia KAM, Nassar MWI, Mohamad AA, Abdel–monem AH. Quantitative analysis of cefadroxil in presence of its degradation product by various spectrophotometric techniques. Trade science inc – Anal Chem. 2016; 16(8): 324-334.
- Mohamad AA, Stability Indicating HPLC and UV Spectrophotometric Determination of Sofosbuvir in Pure Form and Tablets. J. Pharm Sci. 2015; 52: 233-247.
- Attia KAM, Nassar MWI, Mohamad AA, Abdel-Fattah A. Simple stability indicating ultraviolet spectroscopic methods for the estimation of ezetimibe in presence of its alkaline degradation product. Trade Science Inc-Anal Chem. 2015; 16(9): 382-393.
- Attia KAM, Mohamad AA, Emara MS. A flourescence quenching based method for the determination of risperidone in bulk and tablets. EJBPS. 2015; 2(4): 17-27.
- Khalid A. Attia, Ahmad A. Mohamad, Mohamed S. Emara. Stability-Indicating Spectrophotometric Methods For Determination of Risperidone in Pure Form and Pharmaceutical Preparation. EJBPS, 2015; 2(2): 66-77.
- Khalid A. Attia, Ahmad A. Mohamad, Mohamed S. Emara, Smart Spectrophotometric Methods for Stability Indicating Assay of Risperidone. IJPPR, 2015; 3(4): 124-138.
- Khalid A. Attia, Mohammed W. Nassar, Hamed H. Abou-Seada, Ahmad A. Mohamad and Ragab A. Said. Spectro- Photometric and Spectroflurimetric Determination of Oxcarbazepine in Pure Form and Pharmaceutical Preparation. IJPSR, 2014; 5(9): 1000-1011.
- Monir A. Amin, Fathy M. Salama, Mohamed W. Ibrahim, Ahmad A. Mohamad and Samir M. Morshedy. Spectrophotometric Determination of Fenoterol in Pure form and Pharmaceutical Formulation. J. Pharm. Sci. 2012, 46, 25-38.
Also, he contributed to many scientific conferences such as:
- 5th International Conference for Quality Assurance of Education. 22-23 April 2018, Cairo, Egypt. Invitation from the National Authority for Quality Assurance and Accreditation of Education.
- AL-Azhar 5thInternational Conference of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Drug Industries. 13-15 September 2017, Hurghada, Egypt. Poster “Application of Liquid Chromatography Tandem Mass Spectrometry in Determination of Diclofenac in Waste Water”.
- International Conference on Chemical, Pharmaceutical Sciences & Applications. 6-9 August 2017, Sharm El-Sheikh, Egypt. Poster “Stability-Indicating HPLC Method for Determination of Cefadroxil in Presence of Its Alkaline Degradation Products”.
- 13th Ibn Sina International Conference on Pure and Applied Heterocyclic Chemistry. 14-17 February 2015 Poster “Identification of Heterocyclic Phototransformation Products of Diclofenac in Water Samples by LC/MS/MS”.
- Open Space Alumni Conference Marriott Hotel, Cairo, Egypt. 14th July 2012. Oral presentation “Presence of pharmaceuticals in the environment”.
- Winter School in Water Quality and Testing, Aqaba, Jordan, 2–9 April Oral presentation “LC/MS/MS Applications in Water Analysis”.
- 36th International Symposium on Environmental Analytical Chemistry, Rome, Italy, 5–9 October Oral presentation “Fate monitoring of 14C-diclofenac in laboratory water/sediment systems”.
- The Annual conference of German Chemical Society Trier, Germany, 23 – 25 September Oral presentation “Identification of phototransformation products of diclofenac in water and water/sediment systems”.