Our goals to accomplish this mission include:
• Research programs that focus on understanding the mechanisms of pathogenesis of microbial infections at the cellular and molecular level as they relate to developing methods for disease prevention and treatment.
• Integrated teaching programs that are devoted to the education and training of students in various immunologic, epidemiologic, and biologic aspects of microbial pathogenesis, as well as disease control and prevention.
• Programs that focus on population-based education and prevention and control of infectious diseases.
The department academic courses are as follows:
• Microbiology and Immunology
• Pharmaceutical Microbiology
• Medical Microbiology
• Public Health
•Parasitology and Virology