Dr. Mouchira Aly Choucry is an Associate Professor of Pharmacognosy and Head of the Department of Pharmacognosy and Medicinal Plants. She earned her bachelor’s degree in 1991, her master’s in 2000, and her PhD in 2011 in pharmacognosy from Cairo University. She has been promoted to Associate Professor of Pharmacognosy in the Faculty of Pharmacy, Cairo University in April 2018.
Her research interests extend from chemistry of natural products; HPLC, GC, isolation, purification of compounds, till the biological activity and toxicity of natural compounds. She published about 12 articles and is still working on other articles (whether under review or in the preparation stage). She participated in ten national and international conferences either through a poster or an oral presentation.
Dr. Choucry participated in the following projects:
- A University Linkage Project No. 309 Egyptian & American Universities (1995-2000).
- Campus Numerique Francophone de l’AUF. TEMPUS OIPLUES (Orientation et Insertion Professionnelle dans les Universités de Liban, Egypte et Syrie) en Egypte en partenariat avec l’Université de Poitiers- France. Onisep (Orientation et insertion Professionnelle dans les universités du Liban, de l’Egypt et de la Syrie. (2012-2014).
- Development of Flax Seeds Lignans as Nutraceutical in Prevention and Treatment of Cancer, Cairo University (2014-2017).
She is also a member of the following committees:
– Performance Appraisal and Quality Assurance Unit.
– Academic Supports for General & Clinical Students Program.
– Community Service and Environmental Development.
– Marketing Committee of the Supreme Committee of the Centers and Special Units in Faculty of Pharmacy, Cairo University.
-Training Committee of the Performance Appraisal and Quality Assurance Unit in Faculty of Pharmacy, Cairo University.
-Head of the Internal Committee of the Performance Appraisal and Quality Assurance, Pharmacognosy Department, Faculty of Pharmacy, Cairo University.
-Internal Auditor for Departments of Faculty of Pharmacy, Cairo University.
-External Auditor for Departments of Faculty of Pharmacy, Ain Shams University.