Achieving sustainable development in our rural communities is a far-reaching goal that requires collaborative efforts from all governmental and private bodies at the professional and academic levels. Hence, Heliopolis University believes, and as required by the national interest, that it should contribute with its expertise in the fields of sustainable development to achieve this supreme goal. That is why the university decided to establish Rural Development Center as an academic institution that contributes to the sustainable development dimensions of rural communities. This will be based on scientific and developmental principles. Mostly the center activities will focus on raising awareness; training and applied research projects for the improvement of live in the rural communities located in Sharkia Governorate focusing on the surrounding areas of the Ismailia Canal.
Heliopolis University Center for Rural Development (HUC-RD) to be an Egyptian worldwide connected role model providing solutions and workable practices to achieve sustainable development in rural communities in line with SEKEMs vision for sustainable development in Egypt 2057.
The Heliopolis University Center for Rural Development (HUC-RD) provides its services and consultations to the surrounding communities in order to enable their members to develop their communities by themselves and their local resources in a socially, economically, environmentally, and culturally sustainable manner
- The Heliopolis University Center for Integrative Health provides the following services and activities
First Participatory research:
- Design and conduct participatory basic, field, and applied research related to integrative health.
- Experiential development.
- Transfer of knowledge and technology
- Developing and participating in research projects funded locally and internationally.
Second: Training and educational programs
Designing and organizing training and educational programs in cooperation with the Faculties of Physical Therapy and Pharmacy at Heliopolis University, as well as with local and international partners. These programs are based on the following:
- Promote and support the holistic concept of integrative health.
- Education in the use of homeopathy with natural materials.
- Safe use of medicines.
- Promote the concept of healthy food, how to choose it, the meaning of malnutrition and how to avoid it, and the impact of organic food and a sustainable diet on health.
- Maternity and reproductive health.
- Diseases of aging and the health of the elderly.
- Chronic diseases (blood pressure, diabetes, hyperlipidemia, etc.).
- Train the trainers and develop mentoring and coaching offers.
- Educating and training doctors, pharmacists, and therapists.
- Promote the basic concepts of ethics for scientific and field research.
Third: Community services and projects:
- Participation in community projects related to integrative health on the campus of Heliopolis University and the surrounding area (Peace and Renaissance areas) and the SEKEM Development Association in Belbeis and the surrounding villages.
- Cooperating with SEKEM Medical Center in preparing an electronic system for health follow-up and guidance and developing prevention and treatment programs necessary to serve patients.