Dr. Mohamed Tharwat is a Lecturer of Physical Therapy for Internal Medicine and Neurology in the Faculty of Physical Therapy at Heliopolis University for Sustainable Development. He earned his bachelor’s degree in physiotherapy in 2003, his master’s in 2011 and his thesis titled “Effect of Exercise Training on Peak Aerobic Capacity and Muscle Strength among Elderly: Systemic Review.” In May 2018, he earned his PhD degree with his thesis titled “Impact of Upper Versus Lower Extremities Resistive Exercise on Plasma Lipoprotein in Elderly Women” from Cairo University.
Dr. Tharwat attended many scientific conferences and workshops including:
- “Recent in Physical Therapy and Neuro Rehabilitation,” at Dar El Mona Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation Resort in 2017.
- “Management of Lymphedema,” at Dar El Mona Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation Resort in 2016.
- “AOSPINE Annual Conference”, in Cairo 2016.
- “Recent in Physical Therapy” in Omrania Training Center in 2010.
- “Diagnostic Radiology (X-Ray, C.T and MRI),” in Cairo University hospitals.
- “Techniques of Cupping Therapy; Theoretical and Clinical Applications,” by Dr. Amir Saleh and sponsored by the American Society of Traditional Science.
Since 2005, Dr. Tharwat has been working in the hospitals of the Ministry of Health. From 2004 till 2007, he worked in Al-Zahed Specialized Physical Therapy Center and in Dar El Mona Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation Resort from 2012 till 2017.