DEVELOPING A MSc PROGRAMME IN CLIMATE CHANGE, SUSTAINABLE AGRICULTURE AND FOOD SECURITY.
The wider objectives of the project is to respond to the needs identified through the development of an inter/multidisciplinary MSc programme in Climate Change, Agricultural Development and Food Security that will help promote the Sustainable Development Goals, especially SDG 2, by providing students with the skills and tools for developing agricultural practices, policies and measures to address the challenge that climate change poses for agriculture and food security in the two target countries and in the MENA region, in general. The specific objectives are to:
1. Carry out capacity building for the involved staff from the partner
a) to design post-graduate curricula in line with the Bologna
b) to design and develop inter/multidisciplinary course curricula at the post-graduate level; and
c) to apply innovative and flexible teaching and learning methods.
2. Develop a platform for blended learning supplemented by laboratories to support the MSc. programme and function as life-long learning resources and develop Centers of Excellence in CCSAFS in each partner country university.
3. Develop an inter/multidisciplinary MSc. programme in Climate Change, Sustainable Agriculture and Food Security, comparable and compatible with EU equivalent programmes in cooperation with EU and PC Universities, NGOs, local agricultural/food industry, government agencies and higher education accreditation commissions. It will be worth of 120 ECTS (90 ECTS course work & 30 ECTS thesis) where Suez Canal University, Egypt and Jerash University, Jordan will serve as the main hubs.
4. Accredit and implement the MSc. Programme under the guidance of the Higher Education Accreditation Commissions, starting with the first cohort of students at the third year of the project.
5. Carry out diagnostic, formative and summative assessment activities across the project design, development and implementation process.
Cooperation: Dr. Vassilios Makrakis
Children’s University main goal is to build the minds of Egyptian Children through enhancing their interest in science with a special focus on the importance of scientific research and the development of science skills.
Children’s University is meant:
• To prepare children for future challenges.
• To nourish children’s life-long passion for learning.
• To enhance children’s self-esteem and confidence.
• To help children identify, focus on and achieve their future goals.
• To provide a creative, innovative and out of the box educational environment.
• To ensure that every child, irrespective of his social background, have access to high.
Cooperation: Dr. Mahmoud Sakr
Quality Education Programme II (QESP-II)
QESP’s Social Component aims to support the Ministry of Education’s efforts to strengthen the role of Boards of Trustees (BOTs) and the local community. It further aims to improve administrative efficiency at the educational department (idara) andschools to help improve the process of maintenance management at the school through introducing national educational standards and especially effective school and community participation standards. Therefore the Social Component focuses on four
Cooperation: Ms. Bianca Fliss
Refugee Teaching Certification Programme for Egyptian and Refugee Teachers Enabled by Blended Learning [RefTeCp]
1. Project main goal
To build and strengthen the capacities of students, faculty, educators, and teachers,
including refugee teachers to respond to the educational needs of children and youth from.
Cooperation: Dr. Vassilios Makrakis