Heliopolis University Core Program is an integrated learning experience that aims to develop the student’s capacity for innovation and social responsibility. Through the Core Programs courses, the university aims to create:
- Interactive Learning, where students are artists and thinkers investigating real community problems and cooperating to develop creative, applicable solutions
- Challenging Learning, where students at all levels are motivated and supported to do more than they believe they can
- Communicative Learning, through inspiring presentations, exhibitions and workshops in order to enable students and teachers to build a clear vision of pathways to achievement
The Core Courses are designed to empower the students to realize their capabilities and enhance skills critical to problem-solving, critical thinking, persistence towards excellence, as well as social responsibility.
The Core Program study plan includes four course streams. This is indicated in the following:-
- The first course stream is Language, Communication, and Enterprise. It consists of Academic English Writing, German Language, Communication Skills, Creativity and Entrepreneurship, and Arabic Literature.
- The second course stream is Arts, Culture, Development, and Innovation, which includes Perception Actuality, Diversity Integration, Communication through Arts, Practicing Individual Presence, Multi-Focus to Arts, Art Creative Processes, Consciousness Development to Arts, Art Project, Culture and History, and Egyptology.
- The third course stream is Social Science. It covers courses on Research Methodology, Philosophy, Human Rights and Politics, Sociology, Principles of Law, and Psychology.
- The fourth course stream is Nature and Community. It offers courses on the themes of Sustainable Development, Deep Ecology, Biology, and Evolution.