Scholarship Scheme for the Academic Year 2016/2017:
HU is committed to support qualified applicants with financial support through different types of financial aid. Terms and conditions needs to be fulfilled for receiving the HU’s contribution.
Limited full scholarships are offered to qualified applicants in the name of individuals, corporations, and funders.
- Top 10 ranked Secondary / High school students in Egypt who receive full scholarship will have exemptions from payments of
- Food & Accommodation (based on availability)
- Admission test fees
- Lab insurance
Students receiving scholarship will maintain their scholarship so long as their overall GPA is more then 3.2
Academic Achievements Scholarships
Hu welcomes the application of strong academic applicant through a number of opportunities. Accepted students achieving top grades in Secondary or High school will be granted the following academic scholarships:
Faculty of Pharmacy:
- 10% deduction of tuitions fees if grades are 97% or above
Faculty of Engineering:
- 35% deduction of tuition fees if grades are 90% or above.
- 25% deduction of tuition fees if grades are 85% up to 90%.
- 20% deduction of tuition if grades are 80% to 85%.
Faculty of Business and Economics:
- 45% deduction of tuition fees if grades are 85% or above.
- 40% deduction of tuition fees grades are 80% up to 85%.
- 25% deduction of tuition fees grades are less than 80%.
To maintain your scholarship, Heliopolis university students must maintain a high academic performance each academic year to remain their Scholarship:
Faculty of pharmacy:
- 20% deduction of tuition fees if Cumulative GPA is 3.6 or more
- 15% deduction of tuition fees if Cumulative GPA is 3.4 or more
- 10% deduction of tuition fees if Cumulative GPA is 3.2 or more
Faculty of Engineering:
- 35% deduction of tuition fees if Cumulative GPA is 3.6 or more
- 25% deduction of tuition fees if cumulative GPA is 3.4 or more
- 20% deduction of tuition fees if cumulative GPA is 3.2 or more
Faculty of Business and Economics
- 45% deduction of tuition fees if Cumulative GPA is 3.6 or more
- 40% deduction of tuition fees if Cumulative GPA is 3.4 or more
- 25% deduction of tuition fees if Cumulative GPA is 3.2 or more
Students, who did not receive a tuition deduction upon admission to HU but have managed to raise their GPA during studying at HU, can become eligible for an Academic Achievement Scholarship according to their academic performance and the previous detailed scheme.
Sports Achievement Scholarship:
Accepted applicants with top sports achievements will be granted the following sports Scholarship (official & original sports certificate must be submitted):
- International Championship: 100% funding for first
- International Championship: 50% funding for second and third places
- National Championship: 50%funding for first place
- National Championship: 25% funding for second and third places
Sports & cultural candidates are required to achieve a minimum average of 3.2 in order to maintain the scholarship
Partner School Scholarship
Accepted applicants from partner schools will be granted a 20% tuition deduction
If more than one sibling is studying at Heliopolis University, each sibling will be granted a 15% scholarship as long as they are all registered and in good standing (at least pass).
Sons and daughter of Heliopolis University & SEKEM staff will be granted a 50% scholarship as long as they are registered and in good standing. Staff members should be full time and spent a minimum of five years of service, provided these candidates meet the minimum cut off score set by university and with approval from champion of the board.
Deceased Guardian Scholarship
Student who suffer the death of their guardian while studying at Heliopolis University will be granted a 50% scholarship as long as they are registered and in good standing (at least pass)
Need- based Financial Aid:
To help qualified students to fulfill their educational goals, Heliopolis University offers financial aid to students who are unable to meet the university’s expenses. Decisions are made on case by case basis. Applicants have to submit support documents to prove the case.
Applicants are eligible for various scholarship and tuition deduction according to their academic, sporting and other achievements in accordance with these terms and conditions (official documents must be submitted).
- Submit an Admission Application, pass the Admission Tests, Submit the High School certificate results and pay the down payment before the deadlines announced for each certificate type.
- Students scoring excellent High School scores without the High level grades will be included in the scholarship ranking (partial or full) provided that they comply with the year’s regulations for scholarship as well as the year’s deadlines.
- An applicant who qualifies for more than on scholarship will be awarded whichever scholarship is the highest
- All funding reduction applies to tuition fees only
- all scholarships are on year awards and re-evaluate at the beginning of every academic year based on the student’s academic, sporting and other achievements during the previous year as appropriate.
- The tuition fees are annually under any circumstances except the summer course & Intensive English level will pay by the credit hour.
- If senior 2 students have less than 12 credit hour to graduate, they will pay by credit hour.
- All scholarships are granted on the condition that the student successfully on the condition that the students successfully progresses to the following year.
- Financial aid is not available for summer sessions
- Financial aid is not granted automatically, students must apply for financial aid on annual basis
- Students and parents will be requested to submit official documentation and supporting evidence for need bases financial aid e.g. HR letter, etc. A home visit may be conducted (if needed)
- HU financial aid policies can change from time to time. Students and parents should refer to HU admission office and HU website for updates and changes.
- HU will review student’s progress at the end of each semester. Students must comply with the time needed to complete a degree and also fulfill the minimum needed GPA towards gaining a degree.
- During the semester, if a student (receiving financial aid) is not maintaining the minimum GPA, he/she will receive a financial aid warning as an alert of the possibility of losing their financial aid status. If student’s progress does not improve, student will lose his/her financial aid status for the current semester.
An early Admission tuition reduction of 5% will be granted for full payment of the semester fees before 15th September and before 15th January for Spring semester.