Prof. Dr. Mohamed Yousri Hashem
Professor of Pesticide Chemistry, Department of Economic Entomology and Pesticide, Cairo University. He studied his PhD. at Giessen University, Germany and his thesis entitled “Comparative investigations on the effect of Phosphine (PH3) and controlled atmosphere (N2 and CO2) on Prostephanus truncatus Horn and Rhizopertha dominica Fab. (Coleoptera: Bostrichidae)”. The research area of Prof. Hashem is the mode of action of inert gases, fumigants and organophosphorus compounds including their toxicological effects.
His previous positions include the following:
- Former Dean of the Faculty of Agriculture, Cairo University
- Former Vice Dean for Education and Students Affairs at the Faculty of Agriculture, Cairo University
- Former Vice Dean for Graduate Studies & Research Affairs at the Faculty of Agriculture, Cairo University
- Former Vice President of the International Federation for Organic Agriculture Movement (IFOAM-ABM)
- General Manager at the Center of Organic Agriculture in Egypt (COAE)
- Lead Auditor for different international organizations like Soil Association, England, Fair Trade International, Germany, IFOAM, Bio-Suisse, etc.