Heliopolis University is actively involved in various research projects with prominent national and international universities and institutes in the fields of renewable energy, water, agriculture, mechatronics, biotechnology, pharmacy, and medicine for several years.
Among others, Heliopolis University implements national and international partnerships with the following entities:
- Alanus University, Germany
- Cairo University, Egypt
- Ain Shams University, Egypt
- Zuyd University of Applied Sciences, Netherlands
- University of Maribor, Slovenia
- Marburg University, Germany
- RWTH Aachen, Germany
- TU Graz, Austria
- University of Hohenheim, Germany
- University of Osnabrück, Germany
In recognition of its significant research activities and adherence to the fundamental values of academic freedom, institutional autonomy, and integrity, Heliopolis University was invited to sign the Magna Charta Universitatum of Bologna among over 800 high-profile international universities from 86 countries around the world (the complete list of the signatory universities can be viewed here). The Magna Charta Universitatum is a document that contains principles of academic freedom and institutional autonomy as a guideline for good governance and self-understanding of universities in the future.
Furthermore, Heliopolis University is partner of the Regional Centre of Expertise on Education for Sustainable Development in Cairo (RCE), acknowledged by the United Nations University in Tokyo. RCE is a network of individuals, organizations, and experts who are committed to using education as a tool for building a sustainable future. In accordance to this partnership, Heliopolis University ensures that sustainability issues are integrated into all its curricula.
To integrate and ensure practical experience within the students’ academic work at Heliopolis University, the following has been established:
- A corporate partners’ network working in the field of sustainable development.
- Strategic alliances with industry partners to enhance HU internship programs.
- A membership of the “University Chair on Innovation” network that links enterprises and universities to solve industrial problems through applied research.